Adventure Kids Covid-19 Action Plan
Based on the current Delaware Health and Social Services guidelines, Adventure Kids has developed the following action plan.
- We have reduced the number of campers to a maximum of 60 campers per week.
- In order to implement our new daily safety and health protocols, camp hours will be 8 AM to 5 PM
- There will now be a drop-off and pick-up line at the beginning and end of each day. Parents are discouraged from entering the building unless absolutely necessary and will be required to wear a face mask if they need to do so.
- Upon arrival, all campers and staff will have their temperature taken by a registered nurse in order to determine whether or not they can attend the day's programming. If your child is excluded due to a temperature reading of 99.5 or higher, your child must be fever free (without medications) for 24 hours before returning to camp.
- Hand sanitizing and hand washing stations will be set up throughout the camp to encourage frequent hand washing and sanitizing by all campers and staff.
- We will be increasing the frequency of disinfecting high contact surfaces, including but not limited to doorknobs, light switches, and railings.
- Due to busing constraints, all swimming and field trip activities have been suspended.
- Instead of field trip costs, there will be a required $25 activity fee per week to cover the cost of additional onsite activities.
- Some of the additional onsite activities we have planned include Wacky Water Wednesdays featuring inflatable water slides and other water-based activities and Konoha Ice Fridays. We will continue to offer Cook Out Fridays as well.
- This year, campers will be divided into 4 separate groups of 15 campers each. These groups will remain consistent throughout the week, with the same staff members and campers interacting on a daily basis. Campers will do all activities including eating lunch with their designated group.
- If you would like your child to be in the same group as another child please contact Adventure Kids with your request and we will do our best to accommodate.
- In order to expand our covered space and to make it easier to social distance, we will be renting a 20x30 tent and erecting it in the back parking lot.
- In addition to our yearly t-shirts, each camper and staff member will receive a mutli-functional Koolgator tubular headband that can also be used as a face mask. This particular type of bandana is made from cooling material that will help campers stay cool all summer long. Campers will be asked to wear these every day in order to be able to wear a face mask when necessary.
In closing, we ask that families remain flexible as we work to provide the safest environment for our campers and staff. If you have any additional questions or concerns please contact us at email@example.com or (302)-478-7191.