Adventure Kids Covid-19 Action Plan
Our sincere hope is that through testing and vaccinations this public health crisis will soon be over. Until that time, we are offering summer camp programming we believe can be delivered in current pandemic conditions. We are “pandemic ready” for 2021 by planning camp programs that meet or exceed current government restrictions and accreditation guidelines. As the pandemic evolves, and public health guidance changes, so will our camps’ mitigation strategies. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to keep your families healthy and safe.
Based on the current Delaware Health and Social Services guidelines, Adventure Kids has developed the following action plan.
- Pandemic Approach and Philosophy - As circumstances surrounding the ongoing pandemic evolve, we consistently work to comply with guidance from the CDC and WHO, as well as state and local governments. As is always the case, we are working to keep all of our campers, families, and staff safe. AK staff are utilizing multiple resources to plan and operate a safe camp: The American Camp Association, Center for Disease Control & Prevention, and the Delaware Department of Health. If you have any questions about our approach or procedures, please call us at 302-478-7191.
- Pick Up and Drop Off - There will now be a drop-off and pick-up line at the beginning and end of each day. Parents are discouraged from entering the building unless absolutely necessary and will be required to wear a face mask if they need to do so.
- Health Screenings - Upon arrival, all campers and staff will have their temperature taken in order to determine whether or not they can attend the day's programming. If your child is excluded due to a temperature reading of 99.5 or higher, your child must be fever-free (without medications) for 24 hours before returning to camp.
- Face Covering - Face Masks are required for everyone while indoors and when maintaining six feet in social distancing is not an option.
- Spreading Love not Germs - Hand sanitizing and hand washing stations will be set up throughout the camp to encourage frequent hand washing and sanitizing by all campers and staff.
- Cleaning and Sanitation - We will be increasing the frequency of disinfecting high contact surfaces, including but not limited to doorknobs, light switches, and railings.
- Cohort Pods -This year, like last year campers, will be divided into 4 separate tribes of 20 campers each. These tribes will remain consistent throughout the week, with the same staff members and campers interacting on a daily basis. Campers will do all activities including eating lunch with their designated group.
- If you would like your child to be in the same group as another child please contact Adventure Kids with your request and we will do our best to accommodate.
- Expanding Covered Space - In order to expand our covered space and to make it easier to social distance, we will be renting a 20x30 tent and erecting it in the back parking lot.
In closing, we ask that families remain flexible as we work to provide the safest environment for our campers and staff. If you have any additional questions or concerns please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (302)-478-7191.